- 斯派团丢弃有一个嫩化effect when combined with other leavening agents in gluten containing recipes making these banana muffins extra soft and tender.
- 含有食谱的酵母提供了一点longer shelf life与其非酸谷同行相比。
These sourdough muffins aren’t very sour however as the sourdough flavor is subtle. But, the magic can be found in their tender and fluffy texture.
These sourdough banana nut muffins are based off my yet to be published banana bread recipe. I tweaked the bread recipe just a bit to create these sourdough muffins. The banana bread recipe will be coming soon. After-all, there needs to be more banana bread goodness in the world!
拓荒者discard banana muffins are easy to make with limited hands on time. In summary, here’s how to make em’ (see recipe card for details):
- Third, in a large bowl whisk together the sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla, mashed banana and discard.
- 下一个, mix the dry into the wet ingredients. Allow the batter to set for 15 minutes.
- 最后的, fold in the chopped walnuts, scoop and bake.
How to Bake Banana Muffins
You’ll need a twelve cup muffin pan and tulip cups to bake these sourdough muffins. This fluffy banana muffins recipe creates extra tall sourdough muffins so tulip muffin liners give them the support they need. Tulip cups can be purchased or follow theKitchen’s DIY自制的方法！
Pro Tip: Knowing the temperature of your oven is key for best baking outcome. Use an external oven thermometer (dial or digital) to know its true temperature and adjust as needed.
I tested this recipe with both all purpose flour and whole wheat white flour. They both work beautifully! I prefer whole wheat white flour, due to the bonus of whole grain goodness, and its nutty flavor. But it’s good to know there’s another option if needed.
About Sourdough Discard
For this sourdough muffin recipe you’ll need half a cup of 100% hydration sourdough discard. It can be old or young, and pulled straight from the refrigerator. If it’s been hanging out in the fridge for a while (a few weeks or more), smell the discard. If it smells fruity and ripe, carry on with your recipe. However, if it smells off or stinky, toss it and create new sourdough discard.
If you’re new to the sourdough world, I have a DIY酸面包打火机食谱会帮助你带着斯派团起动的跑步！它超级容易拉到一起。
- Store at room temperature, covered for up to four days.
How to Rewarm Sourdough Muffins
Warm muffins in a 350F oven for about 10 minutes. They’ll be soft and tender. Slather them with butter, or as my mom would say, cream cheese.
- 松饼衬垫：Use tulip muffins liners to support these fluffy sourdough banana nut muffins. They can be purchased (look for 2″ x 2 3/4″) orkitchn.has a tutorial on how to DIY them!
- 石油选择：I use coconut oil in this recipe, however, canola oil will also work.
- 面粉替代？Choose all purpose or whole wheat flour. Both make delicious muffins!
- Nut Options:喜欢和核桃或山核桃这道菜。对螺母free muffins, they can be easily left out.
Need a sourdough starter? I’ve got a handyDIY Sourdough Starterrecipe just for you!
Fluffy Sourdough Banana Muffins
Place the walnuts in a pan and set them on the center rack in your preheating oven. They'll toast for 15-18 minutes while the oven is heating. Transfer toasted walnuts to a board and rough chop once cooled. Set aside a few tablespoons for sprinkling on top if desired. Chop fine. Set aside.
Make the Batter:
In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Whisk the ingredients. Set aside.
To the wet ingredients, add the dry ingredients all at once. Using a silicone spatula, fold in the dry ingredients and mix until no dry flour patches remain. Fold in the chopped walnuts, holding out the small portion for sprinkling on top. .
Scoop an overfilled大饼干勺(#20) or about 1/4 C each with batter and transfer to the muffin liners. Distribute leftover batter evenly among cups. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts if desired.
Reduce the oven temperature to 375F (190C). Place the muffins in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Use a toothpick to test several muffins starting at 25 minutes. Once the toothpick comes out clean with a few crumbs attached, the muffins are ready.
Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack and cool completely. Once cool, cover for up to four days at room temperature. 冻结：让松饼完全冷却。将单个松饼放在羊皮纸上衬里的钢板牌和冻结。一旦冷冻，将转移到盖夹式卷轴长达两周。在室温下解冻。 To Rewarm:rewarm muffins in a 350F oven for 10-15 minutes.